Reducing Your Energy and Utility ConsumptioN
- Audits and Recommendations – Quick Steps
- Our contracted engineers perform extensive audits.
- All the data is worked over and multiple scenarios are developed and modeled until the best remaining solutions are custom tailored for your facilities.
- We present you with the recommendations and findings.
- Budget and Plan
- Bids and Selections
- Retrofits and Building Upgrades – Here are the most common ways we can reduce your energy consumption by improving your facilities’ efficiency.
- Controls – hardware and sensors
- BMS – Building Management Software
- EMS – Energy Management Software
- Monies available through local, state, and federal incentive programs
- Energy benchmark – comparison of your energy performance to that of similar properties
- Building envelope – windows, doors, seals, insulation, caulking, etc.
- HVAC – heating and cooling systems
- Air distribution and ventilation systems
- Lighting systems
- Domestic water systems
- Motors, fans, pumps, and elevators
- Potential for smart meters or sub-metering
- Opportunities for implementing renewable energy
- Combined Heat and Power Systems (CHP) – Also known as cogeneration, CHP is an efficient, clean, and reliable approach to generating on-site power from a single fuel source – usually natural gas, but we can design uses for any major fuel type, including wellhead oil and gas (for drilling rigs/platforms and decommissioned/stranded wells). By installing a CHP system designed to meet the thermal and electrical base loads of a facility, EES can greatly increase your facilities’ energy efficiency and lower your operating costs. CHP significantly reduces emissions, which not only preserves the environment, but also gives your company an opportunity to generate positive PR about lowering your energy costs, cutting emissions and MOST importantly $aving Money!
Solar, Wind, Geothermal, and Other Various Onsite Power Generation Options
In addition to environmental concerns, the option to use renewable energy can help offset skyrocketing energy costs during price spikes and market shortages. Your firm also stands to benefit from various governmental incentives. While renewable energy is a growing industry, your options will definitely vary based on your location and needs. Our primary goal is to reduce your energy & utility consumption, demand and rates. If renewables are your most cost-effective solution, EES can help guide you through these developing technologies with our allied partners and choose the best options for your company.
Renewable Energy Certificates/Credits
RECs are tradable, non-tangible energy commodities in the United States. Each credit represents proof that 1 megawatt hour of electricity was generated from an eligible renewable energy source. These assets also boost your company’s “green” profile in the eyes of the public. Evolving Energy Systems can help you understand the benefits of these energy credits and assist in managing your REC portfolio.
We Maximize Your Valuable Time
Your most valuable time is spent growing your business. Every minute negotiating with an energy company is time that could have been spent on more productive revenue-generating activities. To get the best possible energy deal for your company, think of all the steps required:
- Aggregating and analyzing data on your energy usage
- Reviewing endless presentations from competing energy suppliers
- Sending out bids and tracking them
- Going over terms and rates, 1,2,3,4,5 year terms… Fixed rate vs Index, vs Heat rate or a Hybrid option
- Negotiating (and re-negotiating) energy contract terms and conditions
- Legal Language and Document Control
- Strike Prices
Even after executing an agreement, someone still needs to monitor your energy supplier(s) to be sure they hold up their end of the bargain. We work with energy companies to resolve any customer service issues you experience, reducing the time you spend engaged in unproductive activities.
Increased Productivity and Free Time
When EES removes these administrative tasks from you and your employees to-do list, we create additional productive hours in the work week so the focus is on your real business. Or maybe you decide to spend that extra time with your family, or at a Friday tee time, or at that happy hour you couldn’t fit in for the last few months. Either way you have more time to focus on the things that are important to You and Your Company. Evolving Energy Systems spends our most valuable time streamlining your energy cost structure so you don’t have to.